One Week Until Fanfest

Signing Posters
Not this year
A week from today Liz and I will be jetting across the night sky towards the land of fire and ice once more to attend Eve Fanfest, see all our friends, and visit a country we fell in love with back in 2015. So much has happened since our last visit it feels like a lifetime ago. I think this is why we are so anxious to go back this year. After years of turmoil and fighting the good fight (and losing it) our lives are finally starting to feel like normal lives again. Plus, so much of that last Fanfest was eaten up by those posters. Store signings, media, player presentation, roundtable, dinners, lunches, more signings, more media, more meetings, so much of my time was devoted to promoting them. It felt rushed and cramped. Not complaining here, I'd do it again in a second. It did feel rushed though.

But this time I've tried to scale back on the activities. No player presentations this year. Just fun stuff. Because of all that activity last time we missed the Tweetfleet Meet, so we can do that this year. We missed the Pub Crawl, so we can do that this year. And I'll be able to attend more presentations and more fun Eve stuffs this time.

MOAR FANFEST! That's the theme this year.

We are bringing some swags with us this year. We are not rich peoples, but we've pooled our resources and saved our pennies to bring along some tasty freebies as a thank you to all of you for your support over the years. Despite what some people would have you believe, we do appreciate you. And while writing and drawing and podcasting and video-making and all of that is one way I can show my appreciation, another way is by handing you something at Fanfest that we made and paid for ourselves.

So if you see me please feel free to come up to me and interrupt whatever it is I am doing. I heard from so many people last time that I didn't get to meet because they were shy, or didn't want to interrupt, or whatever - don't do that.  Seriously, I do not mind at all. I really don't.

Sadly I did not bring enough for everyone. With thousands of attendees at Fanfest it would be impossible for me to lug that much swag around. We tried our best but we really only have a fraction of that. So please don't feel bad if we've run out, or if you only get one piece. We're going to try and stretch them out so that the maximum number of people can get something from us.

Die-Cut Rixx Art Tristans!
MOAR Fanfest, MOAR Friends!

I'm really looking forward to hanging out and enjoying Fanfest this year. I'm sad that certain people are not able to attend and they will all be missed, but I am also excited that certain other people will be there this time - so it all kinda balances out. I wasn't able to attend last year and I hope people missed me.

Seven days until take off.